How do you make sure you hire the perfect wedding DJ on your big day?
First off, do you like them? If you don’t really see eye-to-eye after the initial face-to-face meeting then it’s best to keep on looking. Having said that, a DJ is there to be professional, flexible, personable and able to meet your needs for your musical entertainment, but the key word is ‘professional’. So, what’s needed in order to hire the perfect wedding DJ?
- When choosing a DJ it’s important to check to see whether or not a DJ works as a DJ fulltime. Someone who works a different job in the week and just does the odd bit of DJ-ing at the weekends is not generally the best option to go with. A fulltime DJ will undoubtedly have more experience and will be able to offer the professional qualities of service you require
- Don’t just go with the cheapest option. Quite possibly, you’re on a stick-to-it-at-all-costs budget, but as with most things in life, you get what you pay for
- Can they provide regular and up to date testimonials and back them up? The perfect wedding DJ will have perfect testimonial
- Can your prospective DJ prepare you a mix of some of your favourite tunes prior to hire? If they can and if they have the ability to mix well then you’re on to a good thing
- Can they provide all the up to date equipment and the necessary insurance and safety certificates?
When it comes to the musical entertainment for your wedding, you just need someone who can win over the audience, who can mix well, and who can still have your guests dancing at the end of the evening. Need a wedding DJ? Look to Andy Collins.