Award Winning, Bespoke, EXTRAordinary Wedding Entertainment
Some frequently asked questions that I regularly get asked. If you have a question that is not answered here, please contact me and I will be delighted to help with any questions that you may have.
- Why Should We Book You? What Makes You Different?I’m sure you’ve been busy looking around the internet, looking at what’s available and fee’s involved in supplying your wedding entertainment. As you’ve probably discovered there are literally thousands of DJ’s out there, all range from hobbyist’s, semi-professional and professional.
I am a professional wedding specialist, I do not have another job and certainly do not perform at your wedding as a hobby. Weddings, unlike Birthdays are a unique one off event. Hire a bad DJ for your Birthday, you’ve got next year to try again. Hire the wrong DJ for your wedding, you’ll have those memories forever!
So what makes me different?
To put it simply, it’s not just about playing music. It’s about ensuring your wedding gels together, not disjointed and flows into transitions smoothly. Of course the music plays a essential role in ensuring your wedding is remembered for all the right reasons. Play the wrong music then your wedding will have no atmosphere, your guests will be sitting down and ending up making their excuses to leave.
I have spent nearly 30 years developing my craft, and I have and will continue to undertake specific training to ensure I can give my very best performance and ensure your wedding is truly unique, personal, and memorable.
“It’s not what you do, it’s how you do it!”
Working with you at every step, ensures that all the important information that I need is done before your wedding so you can enjoy your day without any interruptions from me, and also ensuring that your wedding will be like nothing any of your guests would have experienced or seen before.
Phenomenal weddings don’t just happen. They take countless hours in meetings and preparations, something that a part time DJ simply couldn’t provide to the same standard. Beware of anyone who states that they can provide “the same for less” because simply put, they can’t.
If you’re looking for the cheapest possible price, my services will not be for you, that’s not to say that I am expensive! my fee’s will probably still be on par with that of your other professional wedding suppliers, however the percentage to the responsibility to the success of your event, my fee is a bargain!
Your wedding will end one of two ways, it will either fizzle out leaving a handful of people roaming around or sitting and talking, or end with a bang, lots of your family and friends around you celebrating the end of a very emotional, and happy day. I am sure you’d prefer the latter. I can help to ensure this happens. Leaving your guests wanting more!
So, if you are looking for a truly memorable wedding that will leave you with a lifetime of happy memories, I would love to hear from you, in the meantime why not see what my clients have to say!
- I am Trading Standards Approved and a Member of the NADJAs a further testament to the level of professionalism that I provide, I am delighted to say that I am Trading Standards approved business. Membership of the scheme is not given lightly – amongst other checks, each applicant will have their complaints history reviewed and will receive a visit from Trading Standards. Good references are required from previous customers and applicants must agree to abide by the scheme’s code of conduct, which requires them to follow the letter and spirit of the law.Furthermore, I am a member of the National Association of Disc Jockeys.
The National Association of Disc Jockeys is the UK’s largest DJ Association and ensure that all their members follow a strict code of conduct, are fully insured and tested, and strive to provide professional services with outstanding customer service. All Members of the NADJ are bound by a Code of Conduct as a condition of their membership, including the following aspects on professionalism:
- To uphold the Aims and Objectives of the Association, as detailed in the Constitution.
- To comply with all relevant laws, codes and regulations, and to protect the public against fraud and unfair trade practices.
- To hold all licences that are legally required.
- To provide a safe working environment and to maintain the highest reasonable level of safety for all products and services.
- To present and supply products, services, or marketing honestly without misrepresentation, plagiarism or ‘passing off’ and to operate their business in a professional manner.
- To ensure that all members, staff or employees conduct themselves in a proper manner, so as not to bring the Association into disrepute.
- To provide proper, fair and reasonable service to customers.
- To comply with all fair and reasonable contractual obligations.
- To recognise and respect that other operators will compete for business within lawful practice.
- Members, where appropriate, will have Public and/or Employers Liability Insurance, or equivalent. Members are obliged to provide evidence of such insurance on request.
- Members who operate as entertainment or employment agencies must advise customers whether or not a (sub-) contracted DJ is a member.
- To support the development of the industry standards and safe practices.
- To support the Association by taking an active role in NADJ activities and promoting the Association to the industry and general public.
- Multi Award Winning Wedding DJI am thrilled to have won the following awards
2017 National Finalist – Wedding Industry Awards
2017 Regional Winner – Wedding Industry Awards Best Wedding DJ South West
2016 National Finalist – Wedding Industry Awards
2016 Regional Winner – Wedding Industry Awards for the South West
2016 Wedding Industry Experts Awards
2015 Wedding Industry Experts Awards
2014 Wedding Industry Experts Awards
I hope this shows my dedication, and commitment that I strive to include during every performance.
- Our venue is supplying our master of ceremonies for freeThe toastmaster services that will be offered by your venue will be a very limited service involving usually very basic introductions namely “please be upstanding for your bride and groom”
The service that I provide you will be meaningful, warm and personal, involving meeting and greeting your guests, personal sincere introductions and helping with forming a receiving line etc. There is a whole list of what I will do as your master of ceremonies completely out performing the service that the duty manager or a staff member will provide you, without taking any of the lime light away from you.
As your master of ceremonies I will
- Help form a receiving line (if required)
- Introduce you formally into the room
- Create energy and exciting grand entrance
- Liaise with all the staff and suppliers
- Assist your photographer (if required)
- Ensure everyone knows what’s about to happen
- Announce of say grace (if required)
- Help with nervous speakers before the speeches
- Microphone technique training for the speakers
- Formally introduce the speakers and announce toasts
- Help and assist with anything you need
- Introduce and explain the cutting of the cake
- Bring the formalities to a close
- Invite everyone back in for the evening celebrations
- Welcome your evening guests
- Introduce and invite you onto the dancefloor for your first dance
- Introduce other formal dances (if required)
- Announce the traditional throwing of the bouquet
- Bring the evening to a close, full of love and emotion
- Can you send us some information on the packages you provide?Sure! I’d love to.
Please contact me with your postal address and I will gladly send you a copy of my wedding brochure.
If you prefer, I would love to meet you in person to discuss your wedding and different optional available depending on your needs and requirements. We can go through the brochure together so that I can explain further the benefits of each option. At the end of our meeting I will leave you with the brochure to browse at your leisure.
Also you may download the wedding brochure here
- How soon should we book you?Simple answer is as soon as you know I am the right DJ for you.
As a single operator – once a date has been filled I cannot fulfil another booking. Generally booking a year in advance in recommended – some of my clients are booking me over 18 months to 2 years in advance.
Additionally, my availability is limited as I only ever take on 6 -8 clients per month. Once I reach this quota I will close my diary for that particular month. The reason I do this, is because I offer so much more than just music. I put in many hours of preparation before a wedding to ensure that the day is nothing short of perfect.
The longer you leave it to book, the chances are that I will become unavailable on your date. Please contact me to check my availability.
- Do you offer consultations?I offer completely bespoke wedding entertainment that is tailor made around you. Completely personal and meaningful, therefore I would be delighted to meet you both and discuss you wedding in finer detail. I am available to meet with you during the day or most weekday evenings.
I meet prospective clients in and around the Swindon area, if you live further afield, I would love to meet you half distance.
So please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to arrange a no obligation consultation.
- If we love the sound of what you do, can we book at the consultation?Although I never use any pressure sales tactics – if you would like to secure your date immediately you may pay your deposit payment using your debit / credit card with my chip and pin machine.
Your date will be secured on the spot and the paperwork will be sent to you immediately
- Can you hold the date while we decide?Unfortunately, I am unable to hold a date without sending a contract.
Upon sending out the contract you will have 5 days to return the signed contract to secure your date.
I cannot guarantee that the date will still be available after this period, but will endeavour to contact you should another couple be interested in the same date. However cannot be guaranteed should another couple decide to book and pay a deposit on the spot.
- Do you have any testimonials?I am delighted to have received many testimonials and thank you cards from my past clients. I bring a selection of cards and testimonials with me to our meetings – and I also have some of the most recent testimonials on line so that you can see them instantly.
- Will you be our DJ or do you employ others?I pride myself and my reputation shows that I offer a truly personal and professional service. As a single operator it will indeed be myself that you will deal with from the initial phone call or meeting and of course your DJ and Master of Ceremonies through to the end of your wedding.
- How long does it take to set up / take down?Again, this depends on the package and any extra services that you choose, however as a general rule – it will take around an hour to set up and again another hour to take down at the end. Please bear this in mind If your wedding is running over or there is a deadline to vacate the venue.
- What is your attire at our wedding?Unless you have any specific requirements, which I am more than happy to accommodate – I will wear branded polo top whilst setting up / taking down the equipment and change into a dark suit or tuxedo if you’d prefer.
- Have you undertaken any formal training?As a wedding specialist, I have undertaken and continue to undertake specific wedding master of ceremonies training courses and wedding related seminars. The Marbecca training I have undertaken is regarded as one of the very best within the industry and which only a handful of DJ’s have undertaken in the UK.
I took the initial Bronze Marbecca master of ceremonies training in 2013, and I am progressing further by attending the Silver Marbecca training in 2014.
Again a testament of the dedication and determination I provide in making your wedding a resounding success.
- What kind of equipment do you use?I never talk about equipment as they are “tools” of the trade and not the skill involved in making your wedding a success. However, for the technical minded, rest assured that I use the very best named equipment within the industry. Bose, Pioneer, Martin, Chauvet, Le Maitre, S&H technical, Shure – just to name a few.
- Do you have any back up should a failure occur?In the unlikely event of a technical issue, I do of course carry spares and back up systems. So should the need arise, your wedding party will still continue.
- What's your on-line planning tools?The online planning tools allows you to log in at your leisure and tailor design your wedding exactly the way you want it to be.
There are many tools and features available to help you, help me plan the perfect wedding. The more you fill in, the more information that I have to ensure I know all the key people making speeches etc and the approximate time this will take place.
You will also have access to my entire music library, where you may choose the songs that you’d love to hear at your wedding along with the ones that you’d prefer not to hear.
Your guests can also have access to via the guest request system. This is linked to your main account, so you can see who’s requesting what – and if you don’t like it, you can delete it! along with sending them a polite message!!
It’s fun to use, and takes away the guess work of what you and your guests musical tastes are, ensuring that all your guests feel involved and the music is guaranteed to be enjoyed by all.
- Can our guests make requests?Yes of course! this is an integral part of the success of your reception. You’ll want to ensure that all of your guests are having a great time, and the music is essential in creating a happy party atmosphere. So as well as choosing the music that you both love, let your guests choose songs that they enjoy too!
You can share separate log in details with your guests so they can make advance requests and of course I will encourage requests on the night of your reception.
- Can we just choose all of our own music?Yes that’s no problem. However if your friends and family don’t share the same musical tastes as you do then you could end up with a very sorry looking dance floor, or worse still – your guests making their excuses to leave early.
Think of music as a key. If it fits that’s good, if it doesn’t you’re out in the cold. The key to a successful event is playing music to cater for everyone. Don’t let anyone feel that they are out in the cold at your wedding. If your guests don’t feel like they are included in or part of your wedding then they will feel like they have no reason to stay.
I have lots of ideas that I would love to share with you that doesn’t include playing tacky or cheesy songs but still ensures that all of your guests feel included and you still enjoy your favourite music too.
additionally as soon as there’s a song that you both don’t like, that’ll be a perfect time for you both to find each other and step back and enjoy the sight of your friends and family having fun and reminisce on your special day.
- How far will you travel?I am currently based in Wiltshire but originally from Southampton. So with connections in both counties – I travel a vast area from Swindon, Wiltshire, to Southampton, Hampshire and all surrounding and adjoining counties including but not limited to,
Swindon, Cotswolds, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Bath, Bristol, Hemel Hempstead, Surrey, Hampshire, Winchester, Southampton, New Forest, Portsmouth, East / West Sussex, Bournemouth, Poole, Weymouth.
I have been known to travel very long distances for my clients weddings – so please do not hesitate to contact me if your wedding is planning to take place further afield
- You travel a vast area! What happens if your vehicle breaks down?As a wedding specialist, it is paramount that I arrive at your wedding in a timely manor without any delays.
Therefore I always leave extra early in case of any unforeseen circumstances that may cause a delay on route to your wedding.
Please be rest assured that I am a member of the AA and RAC recovery services. So I am guaranteed to get to you on time and get home at the end.
- We are getting married abroad, will you travel?YES! that is no problem at all.
I have travelled to the South of France to provide the entertainment for a clients wedding in the past, so please contact me to discuss this further.
- How much do you charge?My fee’s are based on the service, professionalism and the amount of time that I put into the preparation of your wedding to make sure that everything runs smoothly and your special day is just that – a magical day to remember for all the right reasons.
If you’re simply looking for the cheapest entertainment you can find, then my services will not be for you. However if quality is the more important to you than the lowest price then please contact me so that we can get together or arrange a skype consultation so that you can tell me all about yourselves and how you envisage your wedding.
With that in mind, my multi-award winning services currently starts at just £800 for your evenings EXTRAordinary entertainment. The earlier you book me, the more you’ll save from future rises in my fees
- Your more expensive than other quotes we've had?Average DJ’s charge average fee’s. Your wedding is a once in a lifetime event, an event that cannot be recreated.
As I specialise in weddings – in fact weddings are the only events that I perform – so I fully understand the upmost importance of creating an amazing wedding. My business and livelihood relies on my performance in creating you an amazing wedding that you and your guests will love. after all your guests are my future clients.
I don’t consider your wedding as average, in fact I’m sure that when organising your wedding you don’t describe your wedding as an average wedding!
You want your wedding to be fun, memorable and unique. Great weddings don’t just happen – they take meticulous planning and that’s exactly what I do. I put countless hours of preparation of planning and meetings in your wedding to ensure that your wedding is not just perfect but absolutely breath-taking.
For your reassurance, I am also trading standards approved and my services come with a full money back guarantee.
All of my previous clients knew they could have chosen a cheaper alternative, however, they all chose not to after meeting with me.
When you convert my fee’s per guest, it costs on average of 33p per hour to entertain your guests. Find out more about this and what goes into making your day successful here.
So when I get asked why am I more expensive than average DJ’s I reply, “Of course i’m the most expensive! Your event is worth it and requires it. As a percentage of the budget, it’s not out of line. As a percentage of the responsibility for success, it’s a bargain.“
- Do we have to pay a deposit?If you decide to hire me for your special day – I will require a 30% initial payment of the booking value. I will issue all the relevant paperwork and invoice for the payment and you will also be sent a receipt for your payment.
You may pay via bank transfer or calling me with your credit / debit card details. All payments are processed through WorldPay
- What are your payment terms?The final balance can be paid anytime up to 14 days prior to your wedding date.
This is standard practice within the wedding industry and provides piece of mind without having to remember to bring cash with you on your wedding day.
Again, you may pay via bank transfer or calling me with your card details.
- You say you finish as Midnight! Can you play for longer?Yes, with the approval of the venue’s management I will gladly play over the agreed time period.
The reason I state Midnight, is from my vast experience performing literally in excess of a thousand weddings is that by midnight the majority of your guests are tired. Its been a long day – typically in excess of 12 hours from getting ready to leaving! So it’s pretty impressive for guests to last this long.
You will want your wedding to end on a high, with as many guests as possible to celebrate a magical end to a perfect day with you. It simply will not be the same with just a handful left at the end.
That said, you know your guests better than me. That’s why I have lots of ideas about endings and how you can utilise the end period without saying goodbye – or of course I can continue till whatever time you decide.
My overtime rate is £100 per hour and can be paid in cash immediately upon the continuation
- Will you provide us anything in writing?All bookings are secured in the way of a contract. All of my terms and conditions will be stated on the contract along with all the details of what I will be providing, performance times etc.
I now send contracts through email for e-signature. However you will also receive a paper signed copy in your booking pack upon booking.
- What will you provide?That will depend on the package and any extra services that you may book. However all of my wedding packages from the complete day to the evening only package includes myself as your master of ceremonies / DJ, Bose sound system and lighting to create an amazing atmosphere.
When you book me, you will be sent a contract that lists everything that I will provide along with descriptions for your reassurance.
- Our venue needs proof of your PAT & PLIGreat! and quite rightly so.
You can find all the details within your wedding pack that I sent to you upon booking my services, however you may also download my certifications via this website on the top menu under legal stuff.
- What is your smoking / drinking policy?I am a non smoker and never drink alcohol whilst working (yet alone driving) So rest assured that all my focus and attention will be on your wedding – ensuring that everything is running smoothly and everyone is well informed of what’s happening and when.
I will be accessible all the time and not going outside for a cigarette break or at the bar!
- What is your advertising policy, Do you advertise at our wedding or event?NO!
I am a firm believer that if a product or service is that good, people will ask for it!. I am lucky enough to have built up a fantastic reputation from my past clients so that the majority of my clients are from their friends weddings that they have attended where I have been their dj or master of ceremonies.
I carry business cards should anyone enquire – but only hand these out when your wedding reception has ended and not before. It is paramount to me that all my focus and attention is on your wedding and will do everything I can to enhance your special day. I will not be distracted by touting for future business at your wedding.
Neither do I have any banner boards or place promotional material on your guests tables. So your amazing wedding photo’s will not be ruined by any unsightly advertising banners etc.